In efforts of nursing my hubby back to health (he was in a car accident last week – he’s okay, but having minor backpain), I wanted to make him something special for breakfast. Instead of boring old toast, I whipped up breakfast potatoes to accompany our eggs. He was impressed, so mission accomplished.
I usually cook healthy, but we all have to treat ourselves. I did use margarine, so think it counts. Even though I was very generous while scooping.
They’re easy, and only needed ingredients I already had in the house.
- 6-8 small yellow potatoes (get creative, use whatever kind you have on hand)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small white onion
- Margarine (approx. 2-3 tablespoons, as needed)
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Spicy ketchup – Ketchup & splash of Tobasco sauce. Mix.
- Dice onion and garlic. Slice potatoes. Add to pan with 1-2 tablespoons of margarine.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until soft and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add more margarine as needed so the potatoes don’t stick.
- Eat with ketchup. Serve with eggs, any style.